View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
FL Tink
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillys_mom View Post
With hubby graduating in May we will def. be moving out of our town. He has three jobs lined up and the nearest is still almost an hour away. I do mobile dog grooming and once he graduates I'm going to no longer be mobile, but have a standard grooming shop. This is will probably take the summer to get ready then I'm going to open back up next fall.

That being said I have a lot of customers but really only 2 steady customers right now. One is a friend of my moms and I charge her near half price to groom her cocker spaniel. I barely make any profit on that as is. I groom both of my regular customers dogs next week and I think I should tell them about my plans to no longer be mobile and that we are moving. I know they will both book another appointment next week, which will be for 5-6 weeks after the day I groom them. That will put them at the beginning of April and I plan to stop grooming mid May. I just want to give them a notice so they can either plan to drive to my shop or find another groomer.

How should I tell them about my change in plans? They know hubby will graduate but I'm not certain they think I will move. I hate doing things like this but I have to make a profit too. I'd lose so much money. Moms friends cocker spaniel gets car sick so their groomer has to be mobile. I feel so bad, but driving an hour for $20 to groom her wont cut it. I want to be professional in this approach.
I understand your concerns!
I would start out by telling them how much you have appreciated their business and developing a relationship with them and their dogs.
I would say That you are so excited to announce that your husband is graduating as he has worked very hard for this new opportunity.
WE will be moving on ____date. Because I know your pups will need a groomer, I would be willing to help you find another mobile groomer. Maybe you can have something typed up for them.
For those that might be willing to travel to you but not be willing to pay more money, I would explain that you will be working for someone else who has established pricing already (if that is the case).
You have to put your family first. The more open and honest you are with your clients, the more they will trust you.
Good luck in your job!
For the person with the dog that cant travel, perhaps you could do the groom when you visited your mom.
FL Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!