View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
Tillys_mom
Spoilin' Tilly & Jack
Donating Member

Default How should I say this???

With hubby graduating in May we will def. be moving out of our town. He has three jobs lined up and the nearest is still almost an hour away. I do mobile dog grooming and once he graduates I'm going to no longer be mobile, but have a standard grooming shop. This is will probably take the summer to get ready then I'm going to open back up next fall.

That being said I have a lot of customers but really only 2 steady customers right now. One is a friend of my moms and I charge her near half price to groom her cocker spaniel. I barely make any profit on that as is. I groom both of my regular customers dogs next week and I think I should tell them about my plans to no longer be mobile and that we are moving. I know they will both book another appointment next week, which will be for 5-6 weeks after the day I groom them. That will put them at the beginning of April and I plan to stop grooming mid May. I just want to give them a notice so they can either plan to drive to my shop or find another groomer.

How should I tell them about my change in plans? They know hubby will graduate but I'm not certain they think I will move. I hate doing things like this but I have to make a profit too. I'd lose so much money. Moms friends cocker spaniel gets car sick so their groomer has to be mobile. I feel so bad, but driving an hour for $20 to groom her wont cut it. I want to be professional in this approach.

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
Tillys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!