View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
Lyssie
Yorkie Talker

I also ditto what everyone has said.

I've also recently been shocked to find my Champion dog with great hunks of hair ripped out of the back of his neck. His son had been humping him a lot lately, and the big boy just lays down and lets him, and I've discovered that the pup likes to grab the back of his neck while he does it. He ended up ripping some of the top layers of coat out of the wraps, so my champ now has little bits of hair sticking out from his neck.

Face furnishings are also fodder for puppies. But the worst I've seen was when someone, for some reason, let a friend bath her dog, and this person chopped out almost the entire topknot. The dog was a champion, but was out of the ring for about a year, so I assume this friend thought the dog wouldn't be going back in. The exhibitor managed to disguise it, and if she hadn't told me, I never would have noticed it was missing.

The hair will eventually grow back in, although it heartbreaking to lose something you've spent countless hours, for lack of a better word, cultivating.
Lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!