View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

Default I just want to cry!

Connor is my first show dog and he has a slow growing silk coat. His color is perfect according to Houston Clark and he is still getting new coat at 23 months old so it is starting to thicker up rather nicely. I have made so many mistakes while trying to find the perfect way to care for his delicate coat. He has been infinitely patient as I have learned how to wrap and band and have made him sit in different conditioners for endless minutes. I even waylaid Kirsten at a show once and got her to give me a wrapping lesson. We are finally starting to get there and some of the damage is growing out along with the new coat that is growing in. I am looking forward to him looking pretty good in the ring this season and possibly finishing him. This morning while changing his wraps (I do it every day since I took him out of oil) OUt cam a beautiful, thick, 12 inch lock of dark steel blue hair. No matt, no snarl, just a lock that looked like some one took scissors to it. I could have just cryed!!! I'm sitting here with it before me and I just can't bring myself to throw it away. I'm just sick and I don't even know what happen. Poor guy doens't even get to rough house with the girls or go out into the yard and be a dog without me watching him like a hawk. Sometimes you just got to wonder if it's all worth it. Any one else have these woes or am I just not meant for this?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!