View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
edumma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Remy had an inguinal hernia it was repaired at the time of her spay ( six months).Unfortunately the vet damaged her throat with the tube during surgery and she had some life threatening complications a day later were she almost died ,then a few days after bringing her home from the emergency clinic her hernia stitches came open so back to the vets again for more surgery....at xmas I noticed she had a bulge at the original hernia site so back to the vet again to have it looked at.At this point the vet cant tell if the abdominal wall is repaired but weak and allowing the intestines to bulge out or if the internal stitches came apart after the surgery and the hernia is open.So for us its a wait and see , both the vet and I dont want to put Remy through another surgery if we dont have to. Needless to say that vet will never see me or my dogs again ! The vet also said that with inguinal hernias dogs will often have a weakness on both sides of the abdomin.This worries me as Remy does have a weakness on the other side but the vet said it may never tear.
Eileen
edumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!