View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
yorkieslovers
Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed Did you know that she had an hernia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabelle View Post
My Sasha had a double inguinal hernia when we got her at 9 weeks. I wasn't all that surprised, I basically took her out of a breeder's home that I had a feeling wasn't taking that great of care of her and didn't know much about yorkies and probably didn't even know what it was. My vet opted to have it fixed at 10 weeks, for two reasons. She was already close to 3 lbs so she was big for her age, and hers was pretty severe. My vet was afraid by the time we got her spayed her bladder and/or intestines would be caught in it because they were pretty big. I trusted her opinion and Sasha came out fine and has not had any other health problems *knock on wood.* I was also told not to breed her because those hernias can be passed down. We weren't planning on breeding her anyways though.
I was just wondering if you knew she had that condition...... mine has the same problem......how much did she cost ?
In this case I'm the breeder and don't know exactly what to do.Have it done , or reduce the price and how much...
When I ve said that everybody says she is sick.... which is not true!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!