Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #17
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny28 View Post
Hi,
I posted this today hope it helps.

Is there anyboby out there feeding there dogs with Hills kd, Prescription Diet? Recently Tara my 7 year old Yorkie died of Kidney Failure; I have another Yorkie Penny who is 10 I did not want Penny to have the same problems, so I did some research and found that Yorkshire Terriers, along with other breeds of dogs are prone to Kidney Disease, After more research I discovered Hills Prescription Diet k/d Canine (kidney defence); it is a complete dietetic pet food for the support of renal function in cases of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in dogs. it has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein of high quality, I disovered this product to late for Tara, but Penny has been on it for about 4 months now, she has become more alert, her eyes are brighter,Her hair used to fall out while bathing it does'nt now, her hair has become thicker and shinier, and there are no more slimy horrible poos, just you know what I mean Lovely Poos, Both of the dogs where fed on Eukanuba dried food from being puppies with a little lean chicken, I would realy recomm end this product.

Regards

I'm so sorry about Tara.
Kidney problems make me very nervous.
Did the vet recommend putting Penny on this food with no history of problems? K/D is extremely low in protein. It is so low that I wonder if it can effect the other organs adversely? Did the vet say it is safe to feed a healthy dog this food? I have read that they should get 18-20% minimum for a healthy dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!