View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPeteZa View Post
Im taking bindi to get shots on thurs. is there anything i need to look out for before i get there? what shots will she be getting? is it something that all pups get the same ones?? clueless here. just know shes due for em (this isnt her first set, i have her vac. records)
thanks!
Different vets have different protocols.
Don't let them give the lepto vaccine unless it is a HUGE problem in your area. If they have to give it, have them give it separately. This vaccine has been known to kill Yorkies.
Corona vaccine isn't necessary in my opinion and can cause reactions.
It is best to space shots out, giving one each visit and waiting a week or two between them.
I don't like bordatella at all but most vets give it. Your dog could get pneumonia if she gets kennel cough which is a good reason to give the vaccine, besides it is very contagious. A good reason to not give the vaccine is your dog can get kennel cough from it. So it is a circle...
Rabies depends on your state law. I would hold off til 6 months if possible.
Giardia vaccine isn't necessary and Lyme's vaccine is rarely necessary and not too safe or effective.
The DHPP should be given three times 3-4 weeks apart. Some vets give it four which is really too many times. It should be started at 8-10 weeks.

Last edited by Ellie May; 02-18-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Ellie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!