View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #7
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Yes, I would NEVER crate my dogs all day being home with them. My dogs are all well housebroken (who doesnt have an occasional accident? ) I am a stay at home mom, and my dogs run free in the house all day long. They are only crated at bed time. I just make sure to put them outside very frequently as babies, and praising them for going potty out there. If they have an accident, I show it to them, if I didnt catch them while they did it, and give them a very stern "NO" or "Naughty" and put them outside.
The only time they are crated while I am home is if they play out in the snow and get snowballs caked under their hair. Then they sit in their big crate with a towel and dry off.
I cannot imagine keeping my puppy crated all day while I was right there in the house. My sil (who should not own dogs at ALL) kept her Brittany Spaniel on a leash tied to her diningroom table its entire life. She was home all day with her, and it was just torture. Poor dog never got to experience real socialization. Then it would get beat for peeing on the floor, which in turn, they would refuse to give her water after that for a day. They rehomed the dog last year, finally after many complaints.
She still has a yorkie though, that she is complaining that all of her hair is falling out of her back legs because the cat is scratching her. I dont know, I have seen them lose too many dogs. Her neighbor has called Animal Control a bunch of times on them and they dont do anything about it.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!