View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

I am surprised they didn't remove all dew claws. I would be upset about this too-you might call and complain about this-you could either have them done later on, or at least get some of your money back!

Did she have any pain meds after surgery? My two both did, and they were back to themselves within a couple days-but both were pretty tired for the first few hours at home. Did she go back to the vet the day after her surgery for a vet check? That is important to have her incision checked, so make sure you get her checked out if you haven't yet.

For both my furgirls, I put baby onesies on them after their spays-it worked great to keep them from licking/chewing their incisions, but allowed air to circulate to help it heal. At this point-3 days later-her incision probably itches, so you could try the onesies, but if she's really bothering it, you may want to keep the head collar on her for a few more days. Your vet can probably advise after they check her incision.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!