View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #38
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by For My Coby View Post
I sometimes think that online newspaper articles should have the comments turned off or have some approval process. IDIOTS continue to comment on articles (like the ones following Lexi's story). They aren't helpful and are often hurtful. And then their rebuttals to people chastising them usually include "hey, I've got freedom of speech". I hate that excuse to be stupid.

Sorry to get off track, but I just hate that Lexi's family has to read stupid comments after their article.
I completely agree!!! But newspapers are a lot like an online forum, they won't get rid of a comment unless it is absolutely below the belt to the people writing comments to each other.

And on top of that, they don't want to make it stop -- because it draws traffic to their website -- and when they can tell their advertisers were get XXX,XXX number of hits on their website - they can get the advertisers to drop big money for ads.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning -- way too early, dreaming about lost dogs. So I can only imagine how Lexy's owners are doing. But I do have a couple of new ideas so I'm off to write her an email.

Please light a candle for Lexy at
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Lexy
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!