Thread: Potty training
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #3
janc
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for replying. They have been crate trained since they were 7 months old. I have always consistently praised them and they are fed twice a day. I was taking them out 6 times a day and have dropped down to 4 times a day. I volunteer during Jan. and Feb. on Mon. and have discovered that they can hold it for a very long time. I leave at 7 and get back home around 5 or 6 usually. Bob takes them out and noon and again at 4. Then they run around the house till I get home. I had no idea my little one (less than 3 lb) could hold it that long. From 7 till 12 is a long time. Anyway, the first hour after I take them out I can count on them not having any accidents. Sometimes they will go 2 hours with no accidents. I guess they'll just get stuck in their crate and hopefully one day they'll quit doing it. I may have given the impression that they have lots of accidents. They don't. We may go a week without one but I am watching them like a hawk. The little one usually wants to be on my lap all the time but I do believe he is the primary culprit. The 7 pounder can and does have accidents too. I also praise when they go in the litterbox and they know they will get a treat. They love cheerios! Thanks for responding.
janc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!