View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
LittleMansMomma
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Waco View Post
Welcome to YorkieTalk! Your little one sounds adorable. And if he's stubborn...oh yes, he's a yorkie. Don't you just love them?

I am not surprised that you have had a struggle. Oh my! Five weeks is very young! Was he even weaned yet? I am so sorry that you have had to go through the resulting problems.

From the research I have done, I know that knowledgeable breeders won't adopt out puppies until they are around 12-14 weeks old. Those weeks were important ones where his mom and littermates could have taught him a lot of good things.

You will need to work hard on socialization. Probably harder than most new puppy parents.

YorkieTalk can be a wonderful resource and support for you. Feel free to ask any and all questions. Good luck and once again...welcome!

Thank you for the welcome. Oh yeah I do love him. Since I've gotten him, he's brought me so much joy and lots of laughter. No he wasn't weaned. I had to bottle feed him for awhile. He came from a really bad situation. My cousin got his older brother from the same people, so when I was told to come and get him I didn't take any chances. I did however take him to the vet the next day. That's how I learned he was only 5 weeks old.

He loves meeting new people, but still a little skiddish around other animals, except his older brother. When they are together, they act like siblings even though there is almost a year between them.

When all my friends and family seen him they wanted him. Especially my mom and she really can't stand to have an inside animal, but when she seen him she just had to have him. I told her to get her own! lol
LittleMansMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!