View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
PiperPuppy
Yorkie Yakker

Wow..she is doing great at 2 months. I'm really impressed! With Piper I ended up getting one of those plastic tarps (the cheap kind you use for camping) and putting it under her xpen during the day with a piddle pad in the corner for the days that I need to work in the office. Eventually we ditched the xpen (at 7mos..she's 8mos now) and she didn't get the idea of the piddle pad. It was bad. Then I thought maybe it was the tarp that she was used to being on (she did great on the piddle pad IN the xpen). So I cut out a section of tarp and put it in the corner (twice as big as the piddle pad...because that is what fit!) and she absolutely has not missed since. Of course I do give a small treat every time she goes....and if I don't see her go, she comes over and bashes me in the leg and shows me what a fabulous job she did! I think for Piper it is also a tactile thing..she needs the feel of the tarp that she had on the floor when she was little to sort of signal her were to go. Anyway..not sure if you are experiencing issues where your little one goes in the same spot (like on linoleum or tile or whatever), but for Piper, it was very much a tactile issue. Good luck to you...Yorkies are not the easiest to house train. Fortunately the "cleanup" is small! :-) Oh..and Piper tucks in with me too..never an accident on the bed either. (very pleased about that!)
PiperPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!