View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #13
coroth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryfriends View Post
When we first brought Koda home we tried the Kennel/crate training. Since, they are not suppose to want to go to the bathroom in them.
Well, he would do the same thing, poo and pee in his crate. The crate was small enough but he would still do it. And it would be all over him. I was having to bathe him all the time too.
So, when I had enough of that I went and bought him an ex-pen. I put his food and water at the one end, his pee pad on the other end, and his bed, blanket, and toys in the middle. And since then he has done so much better. Most of the time he will pee and poo on his pee pad. And because there is enough room in his ex-pen he doesn't hang out at the end with his pee pad, only when he has to use it. So, we haven't had a problem with him getting it all over the place.

Anyway, maybe you can try an ex-pen again. Get one that is tall enough that she can't jump out. Koda's is 2 feet tall and that's all he needs. He is small only 3 lbs. right now. The ex-pens come in all different heights 3 feet, 4 feet, etc.
So, maybe give that a try.
Good Luck.
Sheri
Lexie is pretty small...5 lbs but she can scale the 3 foot walls with NO PROBLEMS!! She won't do it if I'm looking but she gets out everytime so I know that she can do it. I don't have room in my house for anything bigger... I don't know what to do. I've tried leaving a shirt in there for her with my scent on it..and that didn't do anything. I've poured a ton of money into this between getting vets to look at her and do test to make sure nothing is wrong, buying a crate, buying an x-pen, doing a load of laundry a day with just her crate blanket in it (water isn't cheap you know!), and buying Comfort Zone. There is no limit on what I would do for her...but I can't say the same for my family...
coroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!