Thread: Teaching Sleep
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
soccbydo
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by For My Coby View Post
While "sleep on command" sounds kind of odd, I know what you mean.

Both my pups sleep with me, and the rule is that bed is a place to sleep, not play. They know that if they're too wound up and won't settle within a few minutes, they don't get to sleep in the bed.

Coby goes to his kennel on command (usually before a command as he knows when I'm leaving for work, or putting my coat on).

In fact, both dogs are waiting for me at the stairs.... "Mom! It's time for bed!"

Hi coby

No, mine does not sleep with me, but when I have chores and things to do around the house or yard or in the garage I command them to sleep. And usually at 11 to 2 or 12 to 3 each day they know that is sleeping time mommy have stuff to do. At night well no command is given I just feed, walk, play horse around then at 10pm they know what mommy wants them to do. then hubby wakes them at midnite to take themout and then back to bed. But as soon as I start to change clothes to go to bed Bandit marches into his bed . What is cute is when I tell them sleep you should see the little eyes become weary and shutting slowly slowly like hypnosis LOL
soccbydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!