View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
iheartyorkies
Boppin' Bo!
Donating Member

Unhappy Bo's dogfood is spongey! Yuck!

Hi everyone! I need some advice about what is the best food for Yorkies. I know this question is asked a lot and it hasn't seemed to be an issue for Bo since he is a really good eater, is growing like a weed (will probably be 9 or 10 pounds at maturity), is playful and active. But over the weekend I realized that, well, he POOPS a lot and all day long. He also drinks a lot of water, so of course he's also peeing a lot! As you can imagine, this makes for a very frustrating housebreaking experience. He's 4 months old, teetheing like crazy, and is generally a very happy little guy (no "issues" so far). I'm feeding him Iams Puppy formula at my vets suggestion. He chews on rawhide sticks (only under supervision) for teetheing and he gets green beans and tiny bits of turkey or hot dog for training purposes and maybe a bit of a cracker if he's pottied outside. I feed him twice a day. One day I dropped a piece of his food in the sink and when I cleaned up awhile later it had soaked up water and was spongey! Really gross! I hate to think of that swelling in his system. How nutricious can that be?? Has anyone else noticed this? What do you experienced owners and breeders feed?? Thanks in advance, you guys are great!!
iheartyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!