View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #11
lmurano2004
Yorkie Yakker

I take Rico to Banfield, which is inside Petsmart. He goes to the one in Waterford Lakes. It is much much cheaper than going to a private vet (if you are on a budget like me). They have plans which are debited monthly, and you don't have to pay extra for anything! I have the Optimum Puppy plan, which covered his neutering (except for the pain meds). The registration fee was $90, + $22 a month. It includes all of his shots, neutering, blood and fecal work, etc. You get a 10% discount off of anything else you need. The total for one year of the plan is about what I would have paid for 2 series of shots somewhere else!

I do recommend making an appointment; walk-ins take forever. They vets seem pretty good; although I have not met one of them. The nurses are really nice. Like at any vet/doctors office, you will be waiting to see someone, but it is not unusually bad.

I will probably cancel his Puppy plan once he is a year old. It costs the same for the Dog plan... but since he will only need booster shots then, I am not sure if it will be worth it.

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!