View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 PM   #9
miezzi
I Love My 3 Lovebugs!
Donating Member

I am soooo excited!!! I just got off the phone with his foster mommie!! We were on the phone for about 45 min to an hour!!! I asked all kinds of questions and she asked me tons too! The rescue is from an elderly woman who wanted a lap dog. And she was upset that he was a puppy and wanted to play and thats not why she got the dog! All she wanted was a dog who would sit on her lap all the time. Well what did she think- he is a puppy. If she wanted a lap dog, she should have gotten an older one! So she gave him to the shelter to care for. Poor little guy!!! So we are going to set up a home visit in the next week or 2!!! Yea!! I am soo excited!!! And as for the whole moving thing- she said he had been with another foster mom too and the shelter and her house, and he has adapted very well!!! Not scared or anything!!!
Kelley-
As for the rescue thing- all I did was email the shelter he was at. They gave me an adoption application and went from there. They do know that I don't have a fenced in yard, but that was ok since he is already trained to be on the leash! So I guess it all depends. The best thing to do is email them and find out and go from there. If its meant to be- it will happen, if not, then they will tell you. They do chaeck all references and chack with your vet, and also have a home visit. So that is all I know- I will let you know more as I know more!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!