View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

I think the Heartgard is the pill that they swallow. The vet is so careful because she doesn't want to treat another reaction. I am still so unhappy about this. I really prefer Interceptor. Too bad for me.

It seemed like they barely smelled at at 'til she finished the metronidazole. Then they were gross on and off for a couple days and now it isn't too bad. As for what we are going to do, the vet said something about looking in her opthalmology books (I'm pretty sure Ellie is one of her most difficult patients). And next time it starts to smell really bad, she has to go back to the vet. So, no real plans for now except maybe washing them with saline or eye wash. She isn't in danger, so we will just watch.

I could probably supplement with whatever I want to and mgiht but I would like to wait a few weeks and see if the smell will come back that strong. That way maybe I can get a diagnosis. Otherwise, I mgiht supplement to take away the little bit of a smell that is there. Whatever it is, it will have to be safe for her liver and pancreas and hopefully not produce any kind of excessive urination.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!