View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Default Ellie went to the vet again (eyes update).

I'm so bummed.
Ellie had a heartworm test today (negative! ) and I was going to keep her on Interceptor because she does so well with it. The vet realized (thank God she did ) that Interceptor is beef flavored. Ellie is allergic to beef, so she can no longer have it. I will not use Revolution or Advantage Multi, so the choice is Heartgard (not Heartgard Plus). I am soooo hoping she doesn't react to it.

The vet also looked at her runny eyes again. Of course they didn't smell bad when I needed them to. She doesn't know what is causing it (possibly antibiotics depleting flora..yeast isn't out of the question). Runny eyes do smell sometimes (hard to say if it is normal) but this is not normal for Ellie and something doesn't seem right. So we will use saline or eye wash for now and go from there. The vet did say something about Angel Eyes getting good reviews but I didn't want to use it because it is a low grade antibiotic and it can elevate ALTs (now that I think of it I think it is beef product anyway). Anyway, she agreed that it wasn't something she'd want to use either and any medicine giving low grade is questionable.

So there is Ellie's adventure for the day...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!