View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
KathyK09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Poor baby...so young and just wants to be by you...that makes it sooo hard. We also got our Mariah young. We are lucky as I have a bathroom off my bedrm so we put a gate up and that is now our puppy's room.

The first few nights she layed right against the gate - as if to get as close to us as possible (it broke my heart - she looked so sweet and so pathetic) and whined quite a bit. So we moved her bed and kennel so that she could still see us through the door and that worked like a charm. Although she whined the first few nights (we put ear plugs in). We have NEVER ever gone to her when she whines. I believe if you do it teaches them that when they whine you will go to them - so they will continue always whining.

Now each night we "put her to bed". We cuddle her and shut off all the lights except for a nightlight (that really helped). We tell her goodnight and she goes right to sleep and is quiet all night long. We hear her get up during the night and eat/drink and go potty but she never whines.

My husband works swing shift work and when he is working nights and needs to sleep during the day. She never whines during the day while he is sleeping there. I think she knows now that he is sleeping and is content just to see him (and hear him snore...lol).

However, if we are all out and about the house during the day - she will whine and bark like someone is killing her...but I don't blame her - she's just looking for attention and her time with us!
KathyK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!