Thread: Yay!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
RebelBelle
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

YAY! I decided to do all Jamie's grooming myself. I figured I might as well start now since I do want to get a little girl one day soon and I don't think I can afford regular professional grooming for 2 furbutts. So I bought a Wahl pet trimmer to do his paws and booty, but he hates the sound SOO I just do it with tiny scissors. Given the right incentative (Yorkie Yummies or a carrot to knaw on) Jamie is really still for all of it. And trimming his nails really wouldn't be that hard for you. Just trim a little each time. I also have to use a small black nail file to round off the sharp edges. I've never expressed his glands because I was told that that didn't need to be done unless he was scooting his butt on the ground. But if it did have to be done I would PROBABLY let the professionals handle it. LOL! Oh and my vet has my plucking the hairs inside Jamies ears. It has something to do with the hairs holding moisture in his ear which could cause bacteria or yeast. So I think you would have to pluck and not just trim but I'm not sure...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!