View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Hi there, I'm sorry you feel this way- I can relate 100%. In Oct. of 06 we rescued a fantastic golden retriever, Lila. We absoluately adore her. In the spring of 07, we decided to get another one, and drove the five hours to Salt Lake to rescue another from the GR rescue down there. We met Cooper, and my hubby fell in love instantly. I didn't feel "it" for him, but agreed b/c hubby liked him so much. We brought him home and it was the worst three weeks ever. I had no connection to him, and worst of all, just didn't like him- I can't tell you the guilt I felt. Plus he had horrible allergies and try dealing with health problems on top of a dog you don't adore. Even though hubby liked him, we sat down and had a long talk, and decided to take him back. It just wasn't fair to him.

I am sorry to hijack your thread, but just wanted you to know that sometimes it just doesn't work out. Yorkies are HIGH maintenance, HIGH energy, and all in all, terriers. How will you feel if he has health problems later in his life? Or takes a year to potty train?

The whole family needs to be on board. Maybe you and your husband should go to the pound an adopt something grown up, that needs a good home. There are so many out there. Good luck, and please don't be so hard on yourself!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!