Thread: Update on Abbie
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
HShanks
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Smile Update on Abbie

Hi everyone, just wanted to post and update on my little girl in case anyone else ever has the same experience.

Well, I just got back from the vet AGAIN. Abbie has been drinking and peeing like a grown man since Sunday evening (which also happened to be the last day of her antibiotic treatment for her tonsillitis). My husband kept telling me that I was stressed out over nothing, but I knew something wasn't right. I finally got so worried yesterday that I actually measured her water intake. She consumed a little over 2 cups of water in a 24 hour time period. I was freaked out that she had diabetes or kidney failure. Took her to the vet first thing this morning and they did blood and urine tests. No diabetes, no kidney failure, but she has blood in her urine...a UTI. She is now on a 14 day course of antibiotics, Clavamox, and I have to take a urine sample back to the office in 14 days to make sure it has cleared up. I asked the vet if there was anything I could do to prevent it in the future and she said that our water here at the beach is horrible (very slimy and soft) and that it is full of chemicals that may have contributed to the UTI. She recommended the Brita Filter and said that is what she uses for her own pets. From now on it's only bottled/filtered water for her. Whew, we should just set up a direct deposit to the vets office
HShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!