View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #10
LucyNTuckersMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Mine chewed chew toys as pups, and one cookbook spine on a low shelf did suffer some damage, but not too bad. They were kept crated at night and for 6 hours during the day when no one was home. We kept an eye on them of course, and didn't leave the super easy targets around (like shoes).

2 weeks ago (the dogs are now 1 year, 7 months old) I decided that during the day, they could have a portion of the kitchen, which I was able to child gate closed. Lucy decided now was a good time to start a little "Yorkie remodeling" and chewed a wall corner, peeled up the wall paper and began working the wood trim. So, she went back to the crate and Tucker (my angel) was still left out. However, he took up the remodeling project after Lucy's incarceration and threw up 4 times. I was freaking out til I saw the tiny pieces of wall paper in the puke. Now they are both back in the crate.

They have "spring fever"- here in Illinois we have had a record amount of snow fall and we haven't been able to walk outside in the mornings since October. So they are bored. Despite having TONS of toys, the do need to be exercised- and not just the play they do with each other. Lucy is really the high energy one. So I put her on the treadmill each morning for 20 minutes now. I still don't trust them out of the crate again (yet).

Teresa
LucyNTuckersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!