View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
hpotts
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Potty Training and Whining

I have had my new yorkie for just over a week now, he is 8 weeks old. I have read the different things that have been posted on potty training and have tried them with some success. I have potty pads and newspaper put down for him and we watch him. When we would catch Bandit squatting we would pick him up and put him on his potty pad and tell him that this is where you potty, if we caught him in time and he pottied there we would tell him good boy over and over and give him a treat. Now we have him pooping on the pads, but he pees beside them on the tile floor . Any suggestions?

Another problem that we are having is his whining. At night I have been putting him in the kitchen with a baby gate keeping him in there. He whines and cries so loud it is like he is screaming, I can hear him in my room with the door shut, it is an all night ordeal. I have tried putting him in bed with me and he whines in there too. The only thing I have found that almost satisfies him is taking down the gate and letting him roam the kitchen and living room. He likes to sit with us in the recliner or the couch and sleep, he whines some but not that much. My husband works nights and I have to leave the gate down so that he wont whine and wake him up. I need help! Any Suggestions????? PLEASE!
hpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!