View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
KathyK09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie View Post
why do people crate sweet little animals its cruel it could not bear to crate my little boy no matter what he does i love him with all my heart and he loves me so why would he want to be crated
please love your animals and i am sure they will love you back
animals are like children they depend on you to teach them right from wrong
please less crate
Truly I used to feel the same way. I have a bischon and I could NOT get her potty trained. I used to keep her gated in a back hallway when we weren't home. I called my aunt who breeds and raises dogs who told me "PUT HER IN A CRATE!" I told her the same thing...I feel so mean...locking her up all day. She told me that they don't mind being in a crate - and in fact often like it very much. It's a great way to make sure they are safe all day long. She also told me that she believes that dogs can't tell the passage of time like people.

We started crating our bischon and I had her potty trained in days. She is now 7 yrs old and LOVES her kennel/crate. Now we put her in while we are gone to work/school or away from the house...but she often lays in there other times too.

I would not put a puppy in a crate all day - they're simply too young to be able to hold it all day...that WOULD be mean. But as soon as our Mariah is old enough we will begin to crate her too. We have her crate in her room (my bathroom) and she often lays/sleeps in there so she is getting used to it already.

If I could choose - I would love to stay home all day with my Angel and Mariah...but we have to leave to go to school/work. We can't spend 24/7 with them and while we are away from them I love knowing they are safe!
KathyK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!