View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
HShanks
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Tonsillitis-how much water is normal

Hi everyone, my 6.5 pound baby is just getting over a case of tonsillitis and ear infection. Syptoms for the tonsillitis were lip licking, hard swallowing, vomit, and malaise. She got a shot of penicillin last Monday and took a 7 day treatment of Zenequin/Antibiotic, which she finished on Sunday. She was very lethargic all last week, but seemed to be doing better each day. Even though she finished her last pill on Sunday, I'm worried that the infection didn't clear up completely. She has been drinking more water than usual, about 1 1/2 cups of water per day. I'm wondering if her throat may still be sore because she will randomly lick her lips (not a usual habit for her) and she still acts pretty tired. I'm wondering if the water drinking is because she is trying to soothe her throat or if it is just lingering side effects from the medications. My husband says that I worry too much, I just don't want her to be in any pain. I tried to feel if her tonsils were enlarged and I even got out my pen light (I'm a nurse) and tried to look down her throat without much sucess. Wondering if the water drinking is normal and if her throat could still be a little irritated after all the antibiotics. Anyone with advice for me? Thanks.
HShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!