Thread: Teaching Sleep
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
soccbydo
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 049 Teaching Sleep

How many of you have taught your dogs to sleep on command? I have been doing this ever since Bandit was a tiny baby, also when scooby was here I also did this, now Bijou is here I do it also, once one sleeps, they both sleep . They all go to sleep on command, I mean I literally put them in their room NOT CRATE, and I turn off the lights and tell them go sleep sleep or go sleepy. Now this is during the day, they will sleep and be quiet until I tell them it is ok to wake up . I have had such wonderful success with this. I just wonder if anybody else does this? When I say sleep the little eyes begin to close down and not a single peep or movement out of them both , so cute ..I understand this is a part of advance training, I guess I bypassed some little things and head right for the core of the apple

I suppose you can teach dogs anything as long as you are consistent. I also teach them go away when we are eating by a single hand signal and the command and also out of the kitchen and they know better but the sleep is the cream of the soup

Oh, I also teach go to bed, or go to crate or box, they both march at night time right to where they are supposed to go.

would love to hear from others who have also had success. It is all about consistency like with all training
soccbydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!