View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #54
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom View Post
I refuse to get Diesel microchipped. He is always with me and is not a runner even when there is a female in heat around. I take 2 steps and he takes 3. The main reason ...
When my daughter was little I had to watch her like a hawk to keep her safe. Diesel is no different. I would have never dreamed of doing something like this to my daughter and I would never do it to Diesel. I am very old fashioned despite my age and to me this is almost inhumane. I have looked around for a new pup and to be honest if and when I get a new pup I prob won't be able to avoid it. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
My lulu was a never runner...trained to be walked off leash and would come back to me on the drop of a dime. She got away from me on New Years Eve in our fenced yard and got out and got hit by a car. If she hadn't gotten hit by the car the speed she was running I might not have caught up with her. I think back now and I realize if she had gone unscathed and I had lost her I would have no real way of identifying her legally in order to get her back from someone.

Right now that my heart still hurts my head tells me that the best advantage is any advantage I can give myself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!