View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
Meggie
YT 500 Club Member

I got one of mine at 5 months & he has been absolutely wonderful from day one.
His breeder had been planning to show him. He'd run him on as he had high hopes for him, having kept him from the first litter he'd bred using an American champion that he'd recently imported, but he'd grown just a little too tall.
So, apart from being that bit too tall for his liking, he was a beautiful little dog.

He'd had all his inoculations so I could take him out everywhere straight away & he walked beautifully on a lead. Although he'd spent most of his short life in a puppy pen he house trained really quickly. He was clean overnight from the beginning & got the idea of going into the garden during the day within the month.

And although he was older when he came to me he has become the most loving of all my dogs, he never leaves my side if he can help it. I think perhaps he craved the love after being one of many. His breeder looked after him well, don't get me wrong, but the attention he got was all grooming & show training whereas he's a little dog who craves close companionship.

So I'd say no, there are no cons.
You can virtually know what sort of dog yours will be, less likely to get any surprises health or temperament wise, & you can go out & about together straight away.
Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!