View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
LouisLove
YT Addict

Default I was attacked today...

Early this morning, as every other morning, Louis and I went for our walk. A loose dog spotted us and began to run towards Louis. I did not react until I realized the body language this dog was approaching Louis with. His chest was up, his ears erect and his eyes in a fixed glare toward Lou. I let him get no more than three feet close to us when I busted out the pepper spray. It was enough to scare the dog away from us, but unfortunately it wasn't enough to KEEP him away, He then fixed his eyes at me (after he rubbed his eyes on the grass, and blinking numerously) That was it, he forgot about Lou and only saw me. A person in a mini van had stopped and saw what was going on and couldn't decide if I was in enough danger for them to help apparently I not, they drove off. I squirted the dog again and he backed off, so I began walking away until I heard him charging toward me again. I remember hearing Cesar Millan's voice in my head saying "remain calm and assertive" "they (dogs) can sense your energy" I then walked toward the dog with my chest out as cocky as I could and said "tsst no!" and squirted him again he ran off for good this time...

An hour later, on our way home, as I was approaching the very same road of our earlier encounter, a lady informed me that a dog was loose and had tried to bite her and so I told her I had met the dog earlier so I proceeded to call our security as I was turning the corner of the street I live on he jolts out of the bushes I begin to squirt and stomp and he backs off, ( i informed security of our where-abouts) but his glare was filled with malice.... Shutter.... I spotted a lady with another dog coming our way and told her to turn back because he is aggressive and he charges again towards us!!! Now she is yelling and says to me to get out of there since I have a smaller dog but it was too late. We never got bit and never was there any contact made thank God! Just when I began to feel hopeless my mother-in-law drives up and we are able to get away safely. He was getting closer and closer and braver and braver he bullied us for half a block... She drove us the rest of the way home... I was stunned how he was just fixed on me with his aggressive demeanor, he didn't even care about getting run over all he saw was me.... I called security about an hour later and they informed me they had grabbed him and called its owner. I'm just glad we got away... this time.

My pepper spray was about 10 years old so I'm getting myself a newer more potent one. Sorry if this offends anyone but I will do all I can to keep safe and use reasonable force in real or apparent danger. * the dog was a rodegian/lab mix, about 80-90 pounds. Hopefully my experience ( which wasn't too horrible) will help someone else deal with a similar situation.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!