View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 11:25 PM   #1
stormchaser
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Have our very first Yorkie

Hi everyone my wife and I have recently become the proud new parents of a beautiful baby girl yorkie she is almost 12 weeks old now. Roxee has already stolen our hearts she is so loving and just an overall sweetheart. Being new with yorkies we have a couple of concerns. The first one being at her age we certainly want to make sure that she has plenty to eat but do not want to over feed her as that is not good either. Since she didn't seem to like the taste of the dry dog food we spoke to another yorkie owner and she reccommended that we mix the dry in with some baby food and that worked great she has developed a great appetite and will eat as much as we put down for her. My question is at her age how many ounces of dry food does she need per day. She now weighs 1 lb. 14 oz. Her Father weighed 5 lbs and her Mother weighed 4 lbs if that helps any. Also our other main concern is that since we've gotten her we've had problems with diarrhea and also with that alittle blood in the stool. The vet doesnt seem to be overly concerned with that he reccommended that we give her 1 half cc of imodium AD twice a day and that has helped considerably. My question is is this common with yorkies and what is ur best recommendations about these problems. As with any new parents we have turned into total worry warts we just want to make sure we're doing everything possible to ensure that our baby girl is getting everything she needs to be completely healthy. Thanks for any help you might can give us.
stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!