View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
DENISE517
No Longer a Member

yes...at least 3 months. i learned alot when we purchased our house. This guy i know does these improved your credit score things to get better rates. ( he wrote a book about it) well everytime you open up a credit card account it actually counts against you. and if you buy a anything new, it counts against your scores for the first 6 months. If you have your credit cards more than 60 % maxed out it counts against u. He says that if you have one cc that is 80% maxed out the the other is only 40% maxed that you should transfer from one to the other so it says below the 60%. We don't have credit cards, cause hubby makes us pay cash for everything, cause he knows how much i love to shop, so for us this is what works.

everytime you have an inquire on you report it takes off points too.

If you have something on your credit report thats not right or has been on something that has been there for a long time, you can actually write the agency and if they do not respond within 30 days, it is desputed and taken off. we had good credit, but he did some of this little stuff to ours and increased my score by 60 points and hubbys by 43 points which saved us thousand of dollars in interest.

Last edited by DENISE517; 02-11-2008 at 11:10 AM.
DENISE517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!