View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. I recently got my first yorkie, Linus. He is 6 months and so far a breeze to potty train...
however i notice he gets diarrhea fairly easily and wondering if it's from overfeeding???
Tonight he did eat rather late - and I waited for about an hour to see if he'd poop but he didn't - however he DID wait a little longer and then proceeded to have loose poop in his crate. Not fun.

Some days he is fine - stools are harder and no mess...and then other days back to diarrhea.

I'm feeding him Innova Evo - initially it helped his stool....

I am wondering too if it's bad to bring him with me all day. I'm in the car a lot and take Linus with me - everywhere. I stop to let him poop and pee - if he needs to. Usually he only pees but never poops when we're out and about -- then we get home and it's diarrhea.

How do people who work have a new puppy? I mean, crating and then the pooping issues???

Should I be leaving him at home more??? Not so much with me in the car?

And how much food per day for a 4.8 pounder?

God Bless and thanks for listening to me ramble...

Claudia

Up at 3:30am after cleaning poopy crate and doggie
Hey Claudia. Sometimes they just get diarrhea... so if today he is back to normal... i woudln't worry... if it is a frequent thing i'd get him vet checked to make sure he is ok.
And as for brining him with you.. i would.. otherwise he's just home and in a crate.. at least this way he is with you...you guys get to bond and he gets outside to do a poop and pee... explore... ooo.. do you think he gets something in his mouth he shouldn't when you let him out to poop and pee??? if being in the car is somewhere you are a lot.. then i'd bring him.. get him used to your life style... i wish i could have layla with me all day
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!