View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
soccbydo
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimluvsLexie View Post
Okay well the 5 month old Tucker is giving hubby and I a headache. I'm assuming that since the previous owner was always sick from chemo that Tuck was often in his crate. Well he won't relieve himself anywhere but the crate! We can sit with him on the potty pad anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour and it never fails that as soon he's back in the crate he goes. It's like he's been trained to only go in there. I finally stopped putting towels in there because I'd washed them so much. He doesn't seem concerned to tell us before he does it, he just does it and then whines, whines, whines and shakes his crate by banging his body up against the sides of it trying to get out! Any help would be greatly appreciated. He's also having a few aggression problems. Growling when our Golden gets near him, growling when either other dog gets near his food, toys, etc. a lot of teeth baring, growling and barking... HELP!!!

Oh My God, I sympathize with you. I had been dealing with this very thing. Luckily the dog stopped pooing in his crate. maybe you might want to remove him from the crate and see if he cries to go in there to do it, when he does tell him NO NO NO and take him outside. Or if he does it in the crate take the poop and put it outside and take him to that spot. That is exactly what I did to get this one Bijou to stop the pooing in the crate. But the new puppy is learning, he has not done this anymore in his crate.

I will remove all paper, bedding etc from the crate and make sure the crate is SMALL not big and only the size for him to stan, lay and turn around in. If his crate is bigger and he has room he will do it in there. And the more he does it the more he will want to do it. But if the room he has is so limited he may want to change him mind. This is a hard thing to deal with I tell you.
soccbydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!