View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Cody'sMom
Yorkie Yakker

Default A little strange, but it worked for us

This is something that worked for me. Gather a sampling of the poo that she has left on your carpet in a kleenex and take it outside with you and the pup. Put it down and show it to her and let her smell it. She will get the message that this is where she is to do her business. When you do take her outside to pee you can also direct her to this little pile to let her sniff it a bit. I know this sounds a bit odd, but it does work. When she is in your home, also look for the signs that she may be ready to go to the bathroom. I'm sure you already do this.

We just got our second little yorkie, Cheyenne. I've had her for a week and I'm now in the midst of housebreaking. She is currently clueless for the most part at 14 weeks, but she going to the bathroom outside almost every time I take her out. Of course, I'm taking her outside constantly. And, of course, she is also going inside my house which hopefully she will stop soon! I tried this with the poo the other day and it worked for us. After she has peed, I walk her over to where one of her little piles are, and she may or may not go depending if she needs to. Hope it helps.

Dawn, Cody & Cheyenne
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!