View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
suzies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default any help on cough or bronchitis?????

just would like to ask if theres anyone here whose dog has suffered with trachea probs ? my yorkie has had a cough on/off since we had him every winter its worse but this winter as been worse than ever for him hes visited the vets, in fact i have taken him to see 4 different vets each time getting different answers.
the first time i was told its an allergy 2nd time its trachea problems the third time i was told it bronchitis and last time its the central heating in my house ?? so as you can see i feel a bit angry the one vet said they would not do an xray as he his about 14 even though hes fit in all other ways and the last vet said they would like to xray to see what the problem was.
sometimes when he first gets up of a morning after being asleep he coughs when he gets exceited he coughs but when hes out walking he will never cough.
the vets put him on steroids and water tablets and a bronchilater tablet which i gave him for a while and they helped but i do not want him on steroids all the time so i took him off them and some days he hardly coughs at all some days he coughs quite a bit, it does not bother him in anyway and his gums never go blue at all as if hes fighting for breath or anything, i have done lots of research on the net and also rang yorkie rescue and it seems to come back to trachea as its a dry cough and sometimes sounds like the goose honk.
can anyone relate to the problems i am having at all????
i would be very very gratefull if someone can help me with this any advice is very much appreciated....
suzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!