View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Even if you offer free spay/neuter clinics, most people would not go. People just dont like to be told what to do, how to do it, or how high to jump. If this bill went into effect, there are ALOT of pet owners that already cant afford or will not have their pets fixed. To avoid inspections and fines, they will dump their dogs/cats into the desert to fend for themselves or just dump them out on the street or take them to the pound. We are probably talking about thousands of dogs and cats. The Greyhound breeders/racers have already proven this in this state. If the dogs cant run or make a profit, out to the desert they go. Most were shot and the ears with the ID's cut off. Its the same with Easter bunnies and chicks. When the little kids get bored with them and wont take care of them, out to the desert they go. Its not so bad this time of year, but in May, the temps go to 100 plus and there is no standing water to be found. Alot of breeders do think of breeding dogs is just like livestock, only you can keep dogs and cats in the city. I know one breeder that if her dogs need a c-section, she will just slit their throats instead of incurring a vet bill. I think this is just a governmental ploy to get in on the cash cow of raising dogs. Same thing with the NAIS program. The government wants to know how many chickens, ducks, horses, cows, goats, etc you have on your place. The government wants to keep track of that animal for its lifetime. they want to know when you bought it, who you sold it to, and for how much. Ok, enough rant about the government!!! LOL But, I dont want to go and beg to get qualified to get a breeding license and I dont want inspections period!! I dont mind AkC inspections, but please, enough is enough. I dont like to be told how high to jump either.
yorkiekist is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!