View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Yes, it will definately hurt the reputable breeders who only have a few litters per year. the ones that it wont hurt are the pet stores and the mills they buy from. It probabley wont even hurt the byb'rs who are in it for the $$$$$$$. Just the reputable show/exhibitor breeders that already put every dime into this breed or their breed of choice. I understand that we need to do something about the mills and byb'rs, but mandatory spay/nueter is not the answer. Do you know how many dogs will be brought to the pound or just left out in the desert if this goes into effect??? All, of course will not be adopted and be euthanized and the ones left in the desert will die a slow dehydrated death. And, where is the $$$$$$ for the new breeder fees going to go?? How many jillions of tax $$ are they going to need to enforce this? Sorry, My Fair Lacy, I cant agree with you on this one.
That's okay...no one ever agrees all the time How would this result in more dogs being taken to the shelter? As long as low cost or free spay/neuter clinics are available once this bill goes into affect, there should be no reason an owner can't get their dog spayed/neutered.

I do agree that much more needs to be done to put puppymills out of business...much much more...this law wouldn't solve this. The government needs to take dog breeding out from under USDA regulations...dogs should not be treated like livestock. I do think this law would cut down on the smaller backyard breeders and irresponsible owners that have accidental litters. It's a good start...not a solution to all breeding problems...but I dont think it can hurt.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!