View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
JaLaYorkieGirl
YT 1000 Club Member

I have not read this bill yet, but usually they hurt your reputable small time show breeders who are beyond dedicated to the breed....while they allow puppy mills to persist for a small fee.

I do not believe that mandatory spaying and neutering of all animals is the answer, I think if they really want to get to the source of the overpopulation problem then how about a bill that puts these mass puppy producers on such a short leash and under so many laws and huge fines that it becomes unprofitable for them and they stop!

Ohio has legislation that is pending, it is actually pretty good legislation, my only critique is that the fees for breeding licenses stops at a certain # of dogs and does not continue to climb with the number of dogs owned...this will only hurt the pocket book of small breeders, drive up the prices of good puppies and therefore increase the number of dogs that are bought from pet stores who cut corners and mass produce to keep prices lower than most responsible breeders. Just my 2 cents!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!