View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Thanks for this reply - I didn't know about not giving them weight bearing bones. Thanks for letting me know about this. I have found an online organic farm shop that do a bag of bones for dogs/stock and I was thinking of getting these and chopping them into smaller pieces. But, I won't know which bone is a weight bearing bone from the selection in the bag, I'm afraid. I will have to think of another way of getting the bones she needs. Would a lamb chop with the bone in (eg cutlet) be safe or an oxtail chopped into smaller pieces? ( She loves it when we have roast leg of lamb as she gets the bone with some meat on it. Keeps her busy for hours. Now that it has to be raw, I shouldn't give it to her, should I? Perhaps the odd time we have it, doesn't matter?) If you could give me any ideas for bones that I could easily get, I would be grateful. I was also thinking of a piece of beef brisket on the bone? I buy all my meat online from organic farm shops as there isn't an organic butcher in my town. This makes it more difficult as they have a set selection of cuts.

I agree that the vet will blame the diet, I will try and steer her away from this and ask her to check other possibilities. I know I have a battle on my hands with other people and the vet not agreeing with my raw food diet. Just have to weather the storm of protest until they see that my dog is doing well on it.

Thanks, abbie's mom

Luv

Franceen
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!