View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
bfitpilates
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
Don't feed her before the trip. Take a bottle of water. Place a potty pad in the carrier and also take a couple extra. On your layover you can take her to the rest room and put a pad down to let her relieve herself. You can then give her a little water. Maybe take some wet wipes just in case she vomits. You can also give her Rescue Remedy 45 minutes before take off. It's all natural and helps calm them. Good luck on your trip and have fun.
Yeah, all that!

Plus, I take Nutrical and give it to her on the layover. And make sure you go to the vet within a few days of the flight- the health certificate is only good for 10-30 days (depending on the state) and you'll need it for the return flight too.

I put premie diapers on Purl, but she is younger. And a onesie. Too cute!

Purl's carrier has a heater that goes in the microwave for five minutes and then stays warm for 12 hours. She falls right to sleep when that is in her carrier. And a favorite cuddle toy, of course.

Remember to bring her harness and leash onto the plane with you for the layover. Better safe than sorry.

Have fun! Purl has wracked up plenty of airline miles already- I swear she does better than I do!
bfitpilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!