View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Hi abbie's mom,

Thanks SO much for all your advice and reassurance. It's much appreciated.

I gave Tootsy the worming medication and there is no sign of any worms in her poop, so this is not the cause of her itchy butt. I tried to feel her anal glands (she was outraged and gave me a 'do you MIND!' look) but I couldn't feel any swollen glands in that area. I am a bit puzzled now. I may take her to the vet.

She seems to be doing okay at the moment - still sleeping more than usual but, as you say others have found this in the beginning of the raw diet, I won't worry too much. The beef I gave her was totally lean and I diced it into small cubes.

You are braver than me, buying the tripe! I bought some dried tripe chews for Tootsy and when I opened the packet I almost threw up!! Not only did they look revolting (sort of spikey in some parts??!!) but the smell! They went straight into the garbage can. I bought her some CET chews and Orozyme chews for her teeth. She buried them both and has shown no further interest in them. I had also bought her 'Coachies', 'Thrive' real beef treats and 'It's me or the Dog' 100% natural baked treats. She didn't even bother to bury any of these - just sniffed them, gave me 'I'm NOT eating that' look and walked off with her little nose in the air! I bought her some liver treats and she actually loves them! (Yes, I am quickly going bankrupt) Now I am feeding raw, I don't have to worry about treats, do I? Meaty bones take their place?

Thanks again.

Luv

Franceen xx
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!