View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #13
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
He gave me meds to take. I already had surgery on one of my knees.

Thanks everyone for your sympathy!
These allergies are killin me today! What sucks is I want to take more benadryl and go back to bed, but I have to go to work. lol
Ashley - go to the drugstore and get yourself a Neti Pot. They will be where cold & allergy stuff is found. The one typically sold is called "Sinucleanse" and it comes with little individual packets of the salt you use. It will sound disgusting and gross, but I promise you if you do it, you will feel 100% better. Don't spend the $ to get extra salt packets, instead look up "neti pot salt" on Ebay. For $2.95 you can get a bag that will last a long time. 1/8 of a tsp is the recommended salt usage (don't use table salt, it needs to be non-iodized - sea salt is okay). It takes a few tries to get the right forward and side head tilt. Keep your mouth open and breath as you are pouring. It really doesn't feel like anything. It isn't like drowning, nothing like inhaling water, not even like a nasal spray.

Particularly for those with allergies, daily use will bring tremendous relief. I no longer get my bi-weekly allergy shots. I've been using the Neti Pot daily for 5 years now!!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!