View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
bradyem
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default confused with potty training

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in awhile--been busy with a new puppy in our family--CC. She is now 4 months old and we got her around Christmas. Here is the problem. When we got her the weather here in Colorado was brutally cold. It was around the time when Kansas and the midwest was having that ice storm and here in Colorado, we couldn't seem to get out from under the cold. So, we had to let CC go to the bathroom on puppy pads (which she wouldn't--she preferred tile floor--which in the laundry room, frankly wasn't so bad). As the weather continued this became a habit and then once the weather was warm enough and our vet said we could take her outside, she really caught on to the whole doggy door deal and urinating outside on command. Hoooowever, I cannot get her to understand that she also needs to poop outside. I've tried to catch her in the act but miss it, I've tried to take it outside and drop it in an area where Rockie (our older Yorkie goes), I've scolded her but either she doesn't understand or doesn't care---I don't know what to do!! Help!!
bradyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!