View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Zanders' mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Hi, I have had saltwater tanks for over 6 yrs. live rock, live sand. 72 g was the biggest I would go. You may already know this, never put the water from the bag into your tank. When adding critters I would always float the bag, after 15 minutes, I would take out a little of the water from the bag, and replace it with the same amount from your tank, I would do this 2-3 times within 30 minutes or more. I wonder if you may have a snail that may have let out some poison? I would not change out 100% of the water, maybe 20 and then a few days later 20 more but that is just me. I read volumes before starting my tank, I was really scared to get it going but once I did, it went really Great. I even had a tank with just seahorses, those survived for 3 years or more, I moved them into another tank and that stressed them out, the seahorse tank had lots of little critters in it, it was awesome. We had a fire in 11/2006 caused by the electronics from the 72 gallon bowfront tank and I haven't gotten the nerve to get one up again. I do have a 10 gallon at work but that is about it for now. Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!