Thread: Head Trauma
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
soccbydo
YT 500 Club Member

Default Head Trauma

How long does it take for signs of an injury if your dog hits his head pretty hard enough to bow and scream in pain? Bandit just fell out of my arms as I was holding both of them trying to get them out of the reach of a car that has NO business in this area I was playing with them in. So I grabbed up bandit and then rushed for bijou. In doing so, bandit fell out my arms and hit his head pretty hard, and then began to scream in pain, I was trrified to realize what just happened.

I scooped him up and started to rub his head and and comfort him. He seems fine now, but I wonder if an injury can appear later on from this blunt fall? I was terrified when he bowed down and started to scream in pain. By the time I got inside and deposited Bijou to his crate Bandit seemed fine again.

I just now stopped holding him and comforting him. He is now eating a piggy ears. I wonder if this did and damage that is not appearing right now? first time this has happened. And first time I ever saw him in such pain. He fell on concrete by the way. At the moment he seems himself again. I am not sure if I should rush him to the vet or not, seeing he is acting normal again

Just want to know if injuries can appear later on like tonight

Last edited by soccbydo; 02-08-2008 at 06:29 AM.
soccbydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!