Thread: I miss YT!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Aerrica - hope you're feeling better real soon. This may sound really strange, but considering your symptoms and list of diagnosis suggested - are you a diet soda/beverage drinker? There have several studies done with various head ailments and MS symptoms that have a direct link to the brain chemistry that gets altered with aspartame and other such artificial sweeteners found in diet sodas/teas/lemonaides, etc.

For some people, it doesn't cause a problem, but for others who are sensitive, it can literally cause all the symptoms you are speaking of. If you are a consumer of these and your doctor hasn't suggested it, you might want to completely eliminate any type of artificial sweetener from your diet and see if that makes any difference.

That is something I have recently started to consider and am in the process of giving up my precious Cherry Coke Zero and diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. It is HARD. I remember reading somewhere that caffeine is actually more addictive than cocaine and heroin and I think I believe them! Geeeeez.

I was talking my GaGa (who's been an RN longer than I've been alive) ealier and she actually suggested calling my insurance company and seeing how much they would pay for allergy testing so I am going to do that and discuss it with my doctors.

It stinks because I'm limited in the amount of research I can do because of the pain. I can only spend 10 - 15 minutes at a time on line. Looking at the computer screen makes my head hurt even worse. Trying to read books, etc has the same effect. I've had my eyes checked and there has been no change in my vision so that isn't what's causing the headaches.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!